Our Vision Statement
To create a culture of learning and discovery that is stimulating and enjoyable for both children and staff.
At Wheldon Infant School and Nursery we take all forms of conflict, friendship problems, and bullying behaviour seriously.
Our aims are:
- To provide a safe and secure environment for all children in our
- To create a happy atmosphere in which both parents and staff work together for the welfare of the
- Everyone is mutually valued and respected regardless of gender, race, sexual orientation, beliefs and
- To encourage children to adopt agreed standards of behaviour and values in order to develop a sense of self-discipline and to take responsibility for their own actions.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Headteacher – Has overall responsibility for the policy and its implementation and liaising with the governing body, parents/carers, LA and outside agencies.
The Anti–bullying Coordinator in our school is: Mrs McMullen supported by Miss Kebbell. The anti-bullying coordinator will have general responsibility for handling the implementation of this policy.
Their responsibilities are:
- Policy development and review involving pupils, staff, governors, parents/carers and relevant local agencies
- Implementing the policy and monitoring and assessing its effectiveness in practice
- Ensuring evaluation takes place and that this informs policy review
- Managing bullying incidents
- Managing the reporting and recording of bullying incidents
- Assessing and coordinating training and support for staff and parents/carers where appropriate
- Coordinating strategies for preventing bullying behaviour